Wednesday, July 8, 2009

olsnodes hangs!!!

Alright, our SA team wanted to change the SAN storage and had to reboot the servers. Once the RAC servers got rebooted, it wont let me get to the prompt when trying to login with Oracle user.
After debugging a while, I found that its due to . oraenv in the .profile thats halting my login. So, removed . oraenv with in the .profile and loged in.
Now, its time to digg in to see why . oraenv is halting.
I had my own peice of code kept in that oraenv file to get the node# by using olsnodes command and thats where its halting the process!!!
Strange isnt it. Generally olsnodes command should return the number of nodes in the RAC in seconds. When I run olsnodes it just hangs and never comes back.
Found this metalink id: 729349.1. !!!an unpublished bug#6004127!!!
Basically, what its doing is going thru all the log files under $CRS_HOME/log//clients/ directory to create a new css*.log file and my box had too many to halt the command :)
So, remove all those log files from that folder and olsnodes works like a champ...

No comments:

Post a Comment