Friday, January 25, 2013

OPatch failed with error code 135

OK, I am in process of upgrading one of our 11.2.0.2 RAC Environment to 11.2.0.3 and as a pre-req I have to install a patch 12539000.

First we need to create OCM Response file which is mandatory so I created the file under "/opt/grid/app/11.2.0/grid/OPatch/ocm/bin" using emocmrsp from the grid home OPatch/ocm/bin folder.

Now, when I try to apply a patch using "opatch auto" it asks me:
"OPatch  is bundled with OCM, Enter the absolute OCM response file path:"

As a response I gave the path "/opt/grid/app/11.2.0/grid/OPatch/ocm/bin" where the response file was created.

Now, opatch comes back saying "apply failed for home"

Looking into the log, I see the following:


Argument(s) Error... Given 'ocmrf' file is a directory and not a file.
Please check the arguments and try again.
 OPatch failed with error code 135

The problem is that when it asks for OCM Response file path, it is actually expecting the file name also in the path like this "/opt/grid/app/11.2.0/grid/OPatch/ocm/bin/ocm.rsp". So, try again with that path including the file name and you will be fine applying a patch...

What I do not understand here is:
emocmrsp command does not asks for the file name and it creates a standard file named "ocm.rsp" so, why is OPatch needed the file name in the path!!!

Anyways, just thought of blogging....

No comments:

Post a Comment